Bertrand de Jouvenal said of socialism “The more one considers the matter, the clearer it becomes that redistribution is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State“.
Christopher Monckton, Margaret Thatchers previous adviser has stated that the Copenhagen Agreement, as part of national Government’s push for climate change is really a guise for a new world government. Under this new world government, being brought in without discussion or explanation to the populace we are seeing first hand the incremental steps that will end in the socialist control of society by a global state. This is similar to what happened with the WTO.
Tenets of Socialism and how green is now the new red!
1. Abolition of private property; As the government attitude towards property becomes more socialist and less democratic we are seeing peoples property rights being progressively removed. Once upon a time your home was your castle – but not any more. Firstly there was heritage issues where due to the historical significance’ or your property you would not be able to do anything to it and receive no compensation for the listing as heritage. Additionally if your property is identified as future park, road reserve or other common use then your property could be compulsorily acquired but at least you were paid market value dependent on independent valuation. In recent years there are now environmental rights and we are seeing where people are unable to develop their properties because environmental groups find some obscure insect that we never heard of that all of us sudden needs protecting. When we look at the growth of government owned assets such as national parks and the reducing footprint of the land people own most people now own simply part of a building.
2. Seizure of property; If you own waterfront land the Government is now saying here they may force people to abandon ocean front homes because of ‘rising sea levels’. Yet despite the fraudulent climate alarmism the reality is sea level rise is not rising as explained here. So we have a government using a non argument to forcibly acquire private property. Is this the beginning of things to come?
3. Progressive tax. It has been said that carbon credits are the biggest tax in the history of mankind. This tax once introduced under Copenhagen can be increased with no right of objection to signatory countries. With the tax starting at 2% of GDP – its a massive impost which will make a small selection of self imposed bureaucrats very very rich and the rest of us very poor.
4. Central Bank. With the UN collecting 2% GDP of the entire world under this agreement beginning with payment to the third world of a MINIMUM of $170 billion dollars per year for the first 5 years and increasing thereafter; With a tax on carbon the basic building block of life meaning a tax on everything; what we are witnessing is the transfer of wealth from the populace to the state. The new central bank will be the State.
5. Loss of personal rights; Our rights are continually being eroded. When you look at the attitude of the eco-socialists there is no surprises there – they consider us a greedy disease upon the earth. Taxing carbon is a social bureaucrat’s dream because in doing so they can control every aspect of our lives because carbon is in everything. The U.N. envision one of the most massive expansions of controls on human individual freedom in history ever contemplated by governments and non government organisations. We have been told “every aspect of our lives must be subject to an inventory” in order to combat global warming. Even your pets will have a carbon footprint.
The italian communist Alexis de Tocqueville, quotes about Socialism: Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word: equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude. Current and future restraint and servitude are being brought about by ongoing and increasing global warming legislature. As we continue to have increasing global warming regulations foisted upon us then our freedoms continue to be eroded. Often these regulations are brought in for the so called ‘public good’ but at what point is the balance of private good considered in conjunction with it, and at what point are dissenting scientific opinions considered?.
6. Loss of freedom of speech; What happened to David Bellamy, the famed BBC environmentalist who did environmental documentary after environmental documentary ? When he said he was a climate skeptic – that was the end of his career. He has been one of many, sidelined, silenced and censored who chose to speak an opinion that was different to the eco-state. The same is happening with scientists with the CSIRO changing its policies to muzzle dissenters.Its the same way climate larmists claim there is a consensus to try and silence any opposing view.
What has happened to freedom of speech over the last decade is that we have been told the debate is over, that a consensus exists that we shouldn’t question, that skeptics are like holocaust deniers, skeptical scientists should have their credentials removed, silenced and censored, should be sacked, should be jailed and shot. Despite skepticism being the basis of science and freedom of speech being a basic right of democracy the growing eco-state has been mounting an inquisition where any dissenting opinions are attacked and silenced.
K Rudd removes freedom of speech – Government not allowed to be criticised
7. Loss of choice of authority The Copenhagen treaty aims to set up a new one world government that is has no democratic process and takes away the democratic and sovereign rights of signatory nations. Once signed we will NOT be able to vote them out.
8. Control of Information. Al Gore is a senior adviser to Google, his former staff …. he refuses debate, refuses to have altnerate opinions in congress when he is there… Wikipedia has also been caught out repeatedly doctoring the so called facts as Wikipropaganda illustrates. Publications such as Science and nature are biased in their publishing of papers. The BBC likewise is so one sided its not funny.
Control of organisations Al Gores staff.
9. Indoctrination. Antonio Gramsci said “Socialism is precisely the religion that must overwhelm Christianity … In the new order, Socialism will triumph by frst capturing the culture via infiltration of schools, universities, churches and the media transforming the consciousness of society“. This we have seen happening over recent decades. Anyone who has attended university has seen the socialist/communist hijacking of large arts of education . More recently AL Gores movie was shown in schools across the world, but then a judge ruled it was not a scientific film bit a political one. Who would have thought on a kids internet site they could learn about libertarian socialism, or that global warming would be the new child abuse. What of the future of choice of beleif or thought when we are told we must pay for our sins against the world – who do we pay? The new state.
10. The new elite;
It seems the ultimate agenda of the new socialist elite is to wreck our capitalist societies and create a nation of people dependent on government handouts. Once the ruling elite control all property (and ideas), they can live in luxury while depriving the rest of us – the populace, of any benefit they choose. When you look at the wages paid to the Dr Rajendra Pachauri, chairman of the IPCC, a record $67.9 million bonus for 2007 on top of his $600000 salary. Or Al Gore – his wealth has gone from $2 million to almost $1 billion with his global warming lies – yet do you see him conserving any energy? NO. He gets around in his private jets, air conditioned limousines, luxury mansions and oceanfront condominiums etc Its ironic (or plain fraudulent) that he has no qualms selling the world down the drain of eco-socialism whilst living in luxury purchased from telling other people to give up on lifes enjoyments. To highlight the farce even more he gets awarded a nobel peace prize – end result it has become worthless in terms of integrity.
Our leaders have utterly failed us. It is highly pertinent to ask your local representative (political, spiritual and intellectual);
1. Why have they done nothing about the erosion of our democratic freedoms.
2. Why they oppose skepticism and freedom of speech in regards the climate.
3. Why they have not alerted, acknowledged or explained the consequences of the Copenhagen treaty.